Axis Health System is a private, nonprofit healthcare organization established in 1960, providing healthcare to residents of Montezuma, La Plata, Archuleta, Dolores and San Juan counties. Axis Health System provides the care people need when they need it.
If you are a dedicated professional who aspires to be part of an innovative culture and are interested in mission-driven healthcare, Axis Health System is a great fit for you.
This position is responsible for the daily clinical operations of the Cortez Integrated Healthcare clinic. This position will be called upon to support the implementation of Axis Health System (AHS) policy and programming and will work closely with the Healthcare Transformation Officer to evolve clinic operations to bring all AHS integrated clinics into alignment. Close collaboration and partnering with staff of multiple disciplines will be essential to successfully meet the goals of the clinics. This is an operations management position requiring a systems approach, a comprehensive understanding of the integrated model of healthcare, and a passion for ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service.
Minimum of five years of experience in a health care setting with experience in clinic operations. Minimum three years in a supervisory position. Prefer a bachelor’s degree in a business administration, healthcare administration or a related social services field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage staff across behavioral and primary care disciplines to ensure the effective operation of the clinics while maintaining a high standard of quality and customer service.
- Ability to develop and sustain a comprehensive team approach to service delivery by all team members across disciplines ensuring that the care team successfully accomplishes projects and organizes/prioritizes tasks, while anticipating needs and making adjustments as necessary.
- Knowledge of integrated healthcare and its applications for day to day clinic operations.
- Ability to ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service during all patient contacts with the clinic.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively; plan own work schedule; effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced, and often hectic setting with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage the integrated clinic workflows and ensure that all administrative and staff functions support clinic operations.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate program needs and services to individuals and groups.
- Ability to clearly communicate performance expectations and company policy to staff and ensure and monitor compliance with said policies and standards effectively.
- Ability to implement administrative/clinical standards and measurements of said standards.
- Proficient in use of office equipment, i.e., calculator, copy machine, telephone and fax machine. Proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must regard all work as confidential and demonstrate an accurate understanding of HIPAA requirements. Must have current driver’s license, ability to be commercially insured and maintain a driving record that allows insurability with AHS commercial insurance agency.
- Requires current certification in CPR and First Aid and annual PPD testing.
- Ability to take on additional duties when necessary.